"Ask not what your u3a can do for you, but what YOU can do for your u3a!"
Role of a Group Convenor
Group convenors are individuals or several individual members of a group who take on responsibility for its operation. Sometimes there may be one Group Convenor, though experience suggests that at least two such persons work more efficiently; sometimes the leadership may vary, pass from one member to another or be shared among a number of members.
The Group Convenor role includes:
- Acting as a contact point for the group, both for the existing members and prospective new members
- Attending Convenor meetings and occasional social events
- Deciding (with the group members) the nature and scope of the group and its programme of activities
- Holding regular planning meetings of the group to review how the group is going and to decide future activities
- Liaison with the Groups Coordinator to discuss any issues with the group
- Providing updates on the group’s activity for the newsletter
- Promoting and publicising the group to attract new members
- Collecting any fees due for room hire or other expenses and keeping records of all money received / spent
- Maintaining an up to date list of group members contact details
- You don't necessarily need to be an "expert" in the field as your group can all learm together, that's part of the fun!
Volunteer as a Group Convenor
If you are interested in becoming a group convenor and would like to volunteer to start a new interest group complete the form below and we will get back to you.