- All of us want to improve our communication skills in the language through study and translation coupled with light banter and discussion in the group
- Improve our confidence in speaking French
- Improve our comprehension of events in France
- Meet in a comfortable setting that is relaxed, sociable and light hearted and with a group of people who share a common interest in the language.
- Projects: To date we have limited ourselves to these regular meetings but are exploring the possibility of expanding this to French cultural events through selected institutions in the area as well as involving native French speakers at our meetings. We are open to any other ideas
- Social: We intend to have a social get togethers, dates and times as yet unspecified. Such socials will be decided by the members of the group on an ad-hoc basis.
Meeting Frequency - November to June
2nd and 4th Tuesday mornings; start time: 10.15am
Meeting Frequency - July to October
Once a month - 2nd Tuesday of each month; start time: 10.15am
We all have some past experience in French, probably to ‘O’ level as well as those who go to France regularly.
The idea is that we help each other through conversation on selected topics chosen by the host of the meeting, and also through set pieces/handouts we review and prepare before each meeting.
Currently our French Conversation Intermediate group has a full complement of members. However Chalfonts U3A is committed to helping as many of our members as possible to enjoy any hobby or pastime they wish to pursue.
As long as a member is prepared to lead a group then there is no reason why a third (and subsequent) group cannot be formed to meet the needs.
Please get in touch with the current group leaders who will put your name on our waiting list. Also we will endeavour to find a member of our current group who may be able to get second group off the ground.
Can You Help?
If you have an intermediate level of French conversation, Is it possible that you could lead another group? If we can find a convenor and sufficient numbers of members then it's possible to start the extra group.
If you're willing to help then get in touch with Colin and he will his best to help get an extra group off the ground.