Book Club 2 - News
This page contains news and updates about the group. The newest updates are at the top.
Posted on 31st March 2021
Book Club 2 is back
We take it in turns to choose a shortlist of three books and then the group decides together which one of the three books we will read.
Previous choices have included the following:
- The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng (a fabulous read)
- Close to Home by Cara Hunter
- American Wife by Curtis Sittenfield
- A Place Called Winter by Patrick Gale
- The Loney by Andrew Michael Hurley
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- The Horseman by Tim Pears
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Hossini
- The Greatcoat by Helen Dummore
- The Boy With the Topknot by Sathnan Sanghera
- The Librarian by Sally Vickers
- Warlight by Michael Ondaatje
- Love is Blind by William Boyd
- The Versions of Us by Laura Bennett
- Three Daughters of Eve by Elif Shafak
- The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve
- The Light Between Oceans by Margot L Stedman
- Our House by Louise Candlish
- Educated by Tara Westover
As you can see quite a variety of novels and some autobiographies.
What I love about a book club is that you get to read books that you would not necessarily have chosen yourself and can often be very happily surprised.
If you would like to join us please contact Chris White firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 4th January 2020
The Light Between Oceans by Margot L Stedman
This is a friendly group of people who meet in each other’s houses once a month on Thursday afternoons. We discuss the book that we've just read, then choose a new book from three presented by one of our members. "Discuss" sounds rather academic for what we do,we are just a group of people who love reading and like to get together over a cup of tea and biscuits to talk about books.
We take it in turns to choose a book, so we get a variety of genres; mostly modern 20th and 21st century novels set all over the world, with the occasional historical novel or biography. I found that the group was a real benefit to me, as I was getting stuck in a rut, only reading my favourite authors whom I knew I would enjoy, and missing out on all the exciting, different books that are out there.
‘The Light Between Oceans’ by Margot L Stedman is our next read and we will meet on Thursday January 23rd 2-4pm
If this sounds like you, come and give it a try. Please contact Chris White email@example.com